So today I wanted to ask some questions that will hopefully stimulate thought and conversation, rather than highlighting a particular book, series or selections on a theme as usual.
- Are there any books you don't want your kids to read? Why?
- Are some books ones you don't want them to read now, but would be okay with when they are older?
- Do you remember reading any books as a kid that you found offensive at time? What bothered you about them?
- Do you remember your parents putting any restrictions on your reading as a kid?
- Challenged Children's Books
- Freedom to Read Foundation
- Banned Books Report
- Frequently Challenged Children's Books
- 15 Banned and Challenged Children's Books
- Banned Books Week 2010