Thursday, June 24, 2010

Life Lessons

When I was little my mom was pretty sneaky. I didn't really realize it at the time, at least not as much as I do now, but she would use books to teach us values and common sense. One of her favorite series to use was the now classic Berenstain Bears. When my baby brother was going to be born, we read Berenstain Bears, when she wanted to teach us about stranger danger, we read Berenstain Bears, when we were afraid of the dark, Berenstain Bears . . . they are still in publication and, in my opinion, as useful as ever when it comes to disseminating important information to children. They are entertaining and explain important topics in ways that kids understand. What follows is a list of some of my favorite titles, though there are many more:
  • The Berenstain Bears Learn About Strangers
  • The Berenstain Bears Forget Their Manners
  • The Bird, The Bees and the Berenstain Bears
  • The Berenstain Bears Think of Those in Need
  • The Berenstain Bears and the Bad Dream
  • The Berenstain Bears Get the Gimmies
  • The Berenstain Bears Count Their Blessings
  • The Berenstain Bears and Too Much Junk Food
Check out their home at PBS Kids!

No comments:

Post a Comment