Thursday, July 30, 2015

Anybody There?

It has been two years since I last published on this blog. Two. Years! Yikes! I have been working in my current position for just over 3 years now and I have learned so much that has helped me become a better programmer, reader's adviser and classroom manager, but I have not had the time to blog about any of it. Which is a shame, because I started this blog to share what I've learned with other professionals and caregivers, so I've not been fulfilling my end of the bargain. I apologize.

However, now that I am three years into my job as a children's librarian, I have learned some efficiencies which give me more time to do things like really read the professional journals that cross my desk, instead of just skimming them, to spend less time planning story times, to make more time for outreach, and yes, make more time for blogging (not on the clock of course).

I have two years worth of science programs to share with you. Three years worth of themed booklists and story time ideas. Three summers worth of summer reading programs. Makerspaces. Early literacy interactives. And book reviews. Oh the books I've read and the many more I plan to read.

So let's promise each other that I will make time to write all this down to share it with you, you promise to stop by and read it, and share it with your friends.

See you soon! (No really, I mean it!)

No comments:

Post a Comment